What is Amazon Aurora and RDS?
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a managed database service that enables easy set up, operate, and scale a relational database leveraging any of seven familiar database engines, including Amazon Aurora (PostgreSQL), Amazon Aurora (MySQL), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, and MS SQL Server. Amazon RDS can help free up time and resources for other value driving tasks such as performance tuning. RDS provides administration for Aurora by handling routine database tasks such as provisioning, patching, backup, recovery, failure detection, and repair. Aurora is a high performance, secure, and highly available MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database hosted on AWS.
Why Choose Linux Technologies?
Linux Technologies’s expertise in data modeling and data migrations can help you quickly plan and perform your migration to AWS Aurora and RDS. Our experienced architects and engineers will assess your current database environment and design the AWS database environment to meet your requirements using the AWS Database Migration Service (DMS), Schema Conversion Tool (SCT) and in-house developed methods to migrate your data and perform extensive validation to ensure no data loss.
What does an Linux Technologies Database Migration engagement look like?
Our customer focus is Rapid Response, Rapid Planning, Rapid Execution and full transparency. Our engagements start with an understanding of your needs and requirements. Key activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Initiation and Kickoff
- Governance: stakeholders, working groups, roles
- Success criteria
- Discovery and design workshops
- Database TCO assessment and/or analysis
- Database/Application discovery and architecture review
- Migration Readiness Assessment and Planning
- Rapid High-level Design, PoCs
- Tools definition for migration, automation, orchestration e.g AWS DMS, SCT, CloudEndure and other third-party tools
- Migration wave planning
- PoC and Migration demonstration
- Automate migration factory to meet near zero downtime requirements
- Performance, Success measurements and Optimize
- Operations runbooks, change management process and tools
Benefits with Linux Technologies
- Expert knowledge of Relational and NoSQL database technologies e.g MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB etc. and AWS solutions
- Extensive database migration experience leveraging AWS DMS, SCT and CloudEndure tools
- Intuitive provides database expertise and services to migrate RDBMS with zero downtime, including schema conversion from commercial database offerings to Amazon Aurora databases enabling clients to experience database freedom
- Proven success in delivering solutions to customers, globally
- Full stack cloud solutions partner
- Global Centers of Excellence: 24x7x365